My one word for the year 2013

Lotus pond at Nan Tein Temple, a place where I find myself at ease

Ease

This year I picked my one word for the year a little bit differently. I was doing a visualisation trying to get guidance in one area of my life and the word that came up as the answer was

Ease

At first it freaked me out. Ease? Wasn’t everything worthwhile supposed to be difficult? And what would people think if I mentioned ease on my blog, that I was lazy and didn’t want to do anything?

But the more I thought about it the more it excited me, to the point that I chose ‘ease’ as my one guiding word for the year and  not just the area that I was initially looking into.

What if…

I could achieve what I wanted easily instead of struggling. Would that going to make my achievements less satisfying?

I could make decisions easily and confidently? Would those be good decisions?

I could be gentle, compassionate and at ease with myself?

I want to find out. I’ll go for ease this year and see where it takes me.

I will be posting updates during the year – please sign up for my newsletter so that you don’t miss a thing.

Maybe things can be easy and at the same time happy, rewarding and moving forward.

6 Responses to My one word for the year 2013
  1. Maxabella
    January 6, 2013 | 9:27 pm

What if? Well, it would be WONDERFUL, that’s what if! Ease is something we all aspire to, surely? Happy year, Tat. x
    Maxabella recently posted..Hello 2013: One word

2. Jacana
    January 9, 2013 | 3:57 am

EASE – I like it.
    Jacana recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

3. kirri
    January 17, 2013 | 7:36 am

Happy New Year Tat! I’m smiling right now because ‘Ease’ was one of my primary guiding words for 2012. It was a fabulous year as well – wishing you the same!
    kirri recently posted..Celebrating life

January 22, 2013 | 10:01 am

It’s good to hear that ease is possible!

4. Jodi @ Heal Now and Forever
    January 21, 2013 | 1:24 am

The baby and you look so beautiful! Ease, what a wonderful word. It reminds me of flow. If we are just flexible enough, so much of this life would be easy.
    Jodi @ Heal Now and Forever recently posted..Heal Now Through Compassion

January 22, 2013 | 10:02 am

Thanks, Jodi. Flow is a big part of my intention for the year.