Grateful for half-finished projects

Quote by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I look around and I see lots of unfinished projects lying around – a crocheted toy for my baby, a pile of paper with three different concepts for blog re-design, a sketch of a logo for an ebook I haven’t started writing yet, a submarine out of milk bottle that we’ve been making with my kids…

A couple of weeks ago I would have been frustrated with myself for not finishing anything. But then a couple of weeks ago I didn’t have any unfinished projects. Because I hadn’t started anything.

Today I choose to see my projects not as unfinished but as half-finished. As evidence that when you make baby steps things start happening, and a lot quicker than waiting for the right time to take a giant leap.

Joining with 52 Weeks of Grateful, see what everyone else is grateful for!

10 Responses to Grateful for half-finished projects
  1. Elisa {With Grace & Eve}
    March 1, 2013 | 12:41 pm

Oh I love this Tat! If I think like you than I have accomplished quite a lot – I feel rather good about the unfinished projects I am working on at the moment, and all that I have already achieved! Thank you. Great post xx
    Elisa {With Grace & Eve} recently posted..Intentionally wonder-full

2. Sam
    March 1, 2013 | 5:07 pm

Great, positive post! I have so many unfinished projects, lets just say it reflects alot of enthusiasm, and its really about the journey, not the destination isn’t it:-)

3. Deb @ Home life simplified
    March 1, 2013 | 10:49 pm

Absolutely love this perspective – like the person who got off the couch who is technically running laps around the people still sitting there – you have started wonderful things and i am sure some will get finished when you are able and ready! xx
    Deb @ Home life simplified recently posted..Grateful for a clearing

March 2, 2013 | 9:27 pm

Love your new photo, Deb, you look so happy!

4. Mandy
    March 2, 2013 | 9:49 am

I’ll have to remember that when I’m feeling frustrated.
    Mandy recently posted..7/52

5. Maxabella
    March 2, 2013 | 1:02 pm

So true! A half-finished project means at least you began and that’s a big deal for a lot of the stuff I haven’t even started around here!
    x
    Maxabella recently posted..When does a blog become a website?

6. Lisa@RandomActsOfZen
    March 2, 2013 | 9:47 pm

Yes, I think this is the perfect way to look at half-finished projects! You’ve got them under way and that’s a huge thing. I love having lots of things on the go at once xx
    Lisa@RandomActsOfZen recently posted..Week 9 of Grateful

7. T Rex Mom
    March 4, 2013 | 3:51 pm

Oh, I like that – half finished. I have a several of those right now. However, lately I just don’t care. I would rather snuggle my little ones than invest too much time in little gifts that they will enjoy for a while but the snuggles and playing they will remember forever.
    T Rex Mom recently posted..Yo Gabba Gabba

• Tat
      March 4, 2013 | 8:47 pm

So true! That’s exactly why I don’t have that many finished projects at the moment (actually can’t think of any)… Thanks for reminding me snuggles and play matter.

8. Veronica @ Mixed Gems
    March 29, 2013 | 9:02 pm

Love this, Tat. I tend towards seeing the glass half empty and often get overwhelmed by the size of a project that I procrastinate indefinitely. I need to start more things and see where they lead me!